Saturday, October 17, 2009

KMHD. Here's to the next 25 years.

It was the first time I've done some programming and board operation at our new studio at OPB and fundraising with KMHD's Matt Fleeger- it was great (my apologies for not remembering what Matt brought in). We played some rare recodings, gems not yet out there in digital form. It felt really good. My thanks and praise go to the very creative staff at OPB. The expertise they provide will secure the future of jazz in Portland with the community support. To the next 25... I played some Sinatra and Basie today from the old vinyl KMHD library, and thought I would look for something close on You Tube, of course I found no Sinatra in the video (he truly has long arms), but this of the Basie Band is full of solo exchanges, animated drumming and dancing.

...and then this came up too...
and why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment