Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas, Marty Sheller and "Why Deny"

"Why Deny" should be on your Christmas list.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/martysheller
Marty Sheller has given us much over the years and this album would be a marvelous addition to any musical mix in upcoming celebrations.
Visit these previous links for more about this educator, composer, arranger and musician.
Sunday November 23, 2008 / Saturday May 31, 2008 / Saturday March 29, 2008.

Thanks to Mr. Sheller for his communications over this past year. It has been exciting to hear about his work and his plans for 2009, including these projects he shared in an email recently...
I'm working on music for another recording session but it looks like I'll have to wait until January to begin rehearsals. All the musicians on the CD are anxious to play together again but they're gigging all over the world and it seems like January (traditionally the slowest month of the year for musicians) will be the best time to find everyone back in town. I've just completed a chart for Oscar Hernandez (the pianist on my CD and the leader of The Spanish Harlem Orchestra) (You Tube- SPO). He's moved to L.A. and has been offered the gig as leader of the house band of a new club that'll be featuring Salsa and Latin Jazz entertainment. If it works out he'll be able to do concerts with The Spanish Harlem Orchestra and then have a nice gig in town when he returns. I hope it works out for him. He's a good friend, an honorable man, and a terrific musician, producer and businessman. Vaya Oscar! And finally, Salsa artist Willie Colon has just released his first recording in 10 years. It's taken him 2 years to complete (he's a perfectionist) and I've got 3 arrangements on it that Willie tells me are "smokin." He's sending me a copy this week and said "I hope you like it." Willie is a great producer so I'm looking forward to hearing what he's done and I KNOW I'm gonna' like it.
- Marty Sheller
(used with permission)

No comments:

Post a Comment